Translate

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Daily Motivational - Benefits Of Tracking

I've had some people asking me how I keep track of my food, and does it really help. I found this image of 10 good reasons why it's beneficial to keep some type of log or journal of your health and fitness journey. I actually tried multiple ways, I wrote in a spiral notebook, the fitness center offered business cards with one side being reserved for daily meals, and various other ways. But the one that I've been able to be consistent with, and it has proven to work for me, is I created a spreadsheet. I am able to have a whole weeks worth of my meals and activity on one page, and I just create a new tab for each week so I can go back to any week with a simple click of the mouse!

I print this out weekly, give it to my trainer, and he reviews it and lets me know where to make changes Then I just hope he doesn't get the red pen out, because then I know there's something he's not liking! I couldn't upload an Excel document to the blog, so if it's something you think you could benefit from using, and would like to look at and try using it, e-mail me at sherrie_bullock@ymail.com, or send me a messge on my Facebook page with your e-mail address and I'll forward the actual document to you.

Remember, what works for one person, may not work for someone else. So, find what works for you and stick with it. I promise you, it can be a real eye-opener!



No comments:

Post a Comment