Translate

Friday, April 12, 2013

Daily Motivational - Get Back Up And Return

My original thought for today's post will be pushed back to tomorrow, because when I saw this it tied in so well with what I posted last night about how my workout sucked, that I wanted to share this thought.

Last night, the instructions were to do 10 Turkish get-ups with a 55-pound kettlebell, five on each side. There were more failed attempts than there were completed reps. I was able to successfully complete the five reps with my right arm, but my left arm is slightly weaker and was only able to get two reps completed on that side. I can't tell you how many times I dropped or threw that kettlebell down because I was so frustrated. And like the trainer said, I've already done two reps on that side, so it can be done. Last night I allowed the fear I had of failing and the negative thoughts of telling myself I'm not going to be able to do this control how well I did (or in this case how well I didn't do).

So, even though I feel like I failed last nights workout and have been beaten, I'm still going back tonight to finish those three reps. I'm positive this will not be the last time I have a workout that beats me, and if I don't quit and just keep going back, then in the end I will be the winner!



No comments:

Post a Comment