Translate

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Daily Motivational - Learn To Say No!

Even though today's picture is cute and funny, it's still very true! And I just experienced this yesterday. Someone in our department had a birthday, so as usual her team bought a birthday cake for her. One of our new girls, who is a very sweet girl and probably doesn't know what all I've gone through or that I've lost over 100 pounds, kept telling me, "You really need to eat a piece. It taste heavenly. One piece won't hurt you." And each time I kept telling her no thanks, I just don't need cake right now.

Now, don't get me wrong, it's okay to enjoy a piece of cake from time to time; but, after coming out of a stressful week and gaining almost a half a pound, this wasn't the right time for me. I know sometimes it's hard to say no for various reasons. One reason could be it's just what is considered a trigger food for you, it could be you don't want to hurt someone's feelings, or it could be you're not having a good day and just give in to the temptations. So, when you're in that situation, before doing anything just think and make sure you're making the best decision for yourself. Because the people who truly care about your success will understand if you don't eat a piece of cake!


No comments:

Post a Comment