Translate

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Daily Motivational - Plans Change

This is one I found in my old photos I've shared on my personal Facebook page and thought it would be a good reminder, that not everything goes exactly as planned. If there is one person who struggles with this, it would be me. I'm a planner, and when things end up going a different direction, I have to really focus on not allowing it to throw my emotions and life in chaos.

I think the most recent experience, was a few months ago, when I tried the suggestion from the owner and one of the trainers to switch my sessions to mornings and work with a different trainer. They said just try it for a week and see what happens. It was one of the worst weeks ever! Not only was it taking me out of my comfort zone to work with a trainer I've never worked with before, but just wasn't part of my plan. But, I allowed those emotions I had that week to cause me to have a chaotic week mentally and emotionally. I wasn't sleeping well and I wasn't getting the most out of my sessions. By the end of the week I was in the office with the owner saying I don't like it and don't want to do it. I want to go back to nights with my trainers and get my consistency back. I feared they would try to convince me to give it more time when I didn't want to. But instead, he said that's okay, you tried it, it didn't work, so let's go back to what you were doing.

It is important to plan and set goals, but it's even more important to remember that life happens and in reality not everything will work out as expected. So, if something doesn't work, don't give up, just move on to the next plan until you find what works for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment