Translate

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Well That Workout Sucked!

This is how I felt tonight during my workout, and chances are I probably looked like that also! Tonight I was frustrated because my trainer had me doing Turkish get-ups with a 55 pound kettlebell! The most I've ever done in the past was 45 pounds, so once again he was kicking it up a notch and it was HARD!!!! I really wanted to cry, and at one point wanted to just stop because I didn't feel like I was going to be able to do it. But, as usual, my trainer, believed in my ability more than I did. I didn't get all the reps in, so the three I still owe him, I will have to give him tomorrow.

Part of my frustration, besides I felt like I was failing, is it basically took me my whole session to get the seven reps I did get in. I felt like I was giving my all and didn't accomplish what was expected of me, and I ended up having a negative attitude at the end. I have about a 30 minute drive home, so I spent that time in silence and just really reflecting on my session; and even though I was disappointed in myself tonight because I didn't finish before time ran out, at least I didn't stop even though I REALLY wanted to! I'm feeling a little better now, but still want to get back in there tomorrow to get those three reps out to prove to myself I can do it.

I wanted to share this tonight, because someone once told me they are enjoying my blog and that I make it seem so easy. And even though it's easier than two years ago, it still can be very hard physically and emotionally. I was joking around before leaving the fitness studio that I was mad at him and wasn't talking to him, mainly because I felt I was about to break down. But the truth is I'm more upset with myself, but it's easier to be mad at him! :) Maybe he'll share the video he took, and if he does beware, not so graceful coming down....lol. So, even though my trainer kicked my butt tonight and it was one of the hardest workouts in a long time, I still can't wait to get back in there tomorrow for another round!

No comments:

Post a Comment