Translate

Monday, July 1, 2013

Motivational Quote - Learn From The Past

Growing up I loved Disney movies, and one of my favorites by far is "The Lion King". I recently was chatting with a friend who had the opportunity to come to Tulsa with his daughter to see the live musical, and I couldn't help but think of how amazing it was when I saw it several years ago. It also made me think of all the wonderful life advice Simba received, and this particular quote is one we can all relate to somehow.
"Ah, yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or...learn from it." - Rafiki from The Lion King
We all have something in our past that has hurt us emotionally, mentally, or even physically. Regardless if it's something recent or a long time ago, we can still learn from it. If you read one of my very first posts, "The Beginning - Getting Serious", you would know I ran for many years from something that hurt me in the past, but I eventually quit running and dealt with the issue. Even though it was difficult to deal with, I got through it and was able to take away a very important lesson; and that is running from what is hurting you will not make it better or go away. The best thing to do is face the difficulty, move forward, and make your life better!

No comments:

Post a Comment