Translate

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

5K Training

This year I will be participating in the Tulsa Run and completing the 5K. Due to a surgery March of last year, and then a leg injury I babied the end of last year and beginning of this year, it has been over a year since I've ran regularly. 



I did get back to some light jogging/running on the treadmill a couple months ago, so I've decided to start back with a basic C25K (Couch to 5K) training program. The app I've downloaded is a 9-week program, which means I can start next week and be ready for race day Saturday October 26th!

My first time to participate in the Tulsa Run was in 2011, and I had a goal to complete the 5K within 45 minutes. I barely made it by crossing the finish line at 44 min. and 50 sec. I would like to beat my time from two years ago; but, as long as I push myself and do my best, I'll be happy with whatever time I end up with. If you are in the Tulsa area, or if there is a local run near you, I encourage you to participate. Download a training app, and get to work! It's a great feeling of accomplishment when you run across that finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment