Translate

Thursday, August 1, 2013

A Little Extra Motivation

The past couple days I've woken up with headaches and really didn't want to get out of bed to do what I call my mini morning workout. The owner of the fitness center sent me various workouts that are only 9 minutes. 

Here's part of an e-mail he sent out to his clients yesterday:
I'm typing this email as I wait to board my flight to Denver.

Just now as I was listening to Influence, by Robert Cialdini, I heard something profound:

"Life is hard if you live it the easy way, and life is easy if you live it the hard way"

This made me think of you...

And the reason why is because there is not a CHANCE that you will always WANT to
put yourself through the pain of exercise, or eating healthy foods.

But you still do it, because even if you may not want the temporary pain
 of some pushups.. or greek yoghurt :)

You DO want the consequences that come out of it...

So keep that in mind next time the alarm clock goes for your early morning workout...
or the next time you feel a little "too-tired-to-workout" after your day at the office.

And when it comes to food, remember -> Nothing tastes as good as being lean feels.

See you soon, have an awesome weekend!
Michael
When I read this, my instant reply to him was he hit the nail on the head. Then he came back stating it's like he's walking around in my head, which seems scary! :) Yesterday when my alarm went off, I hit snooze telling myself I didn't feel like working out this morning, but then thought to myself that it's only 9 minutes. So I crawled out of bed and did it anyway, and I ended up feeling better afterwards. I felt like that again this morning, so couldn't help but think about this e-mail again. So, I wanted to share this because I know after 2 1/2 years if I still have moments like this, there are others who could use the same encouraging words.

No comments:

Post a Comment