Translate

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Week 1 - 5K Training

I've had a couple people ask if I would share what I will be doing to train for the 2013 Tulsa Run, so each week I will post the schedule and if you want to do this on your own you can. Even if you don't have a run to train for, this is still a good goal to work towards.

The training is three days a week for eight weeks. Even though I have nine weeks until the run, I will start training this week Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday. I will repeat the 8th week to get an extra week in before the run. Here's the schedule for week 1.

Day 1 - 5 minute warm-up walk
             1 minute run then 1.5 minute walk (6 times) for total of 15 minutes
             5 minute cool-down walk

Day 2 - 5 minute warm-up walk
             1 minute run then 1.5 minute walk (8 times) for total of 20 minutes
             5 minute cool-down walk

Day 3 - Same as Day 2

If you have questions on any of the schedule for this week, feel free to send me a message!

No comments:

Post a Comment