Translate

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Don't Let Others Control You

This past week has been a really good week for me in regards to staying positive and feeling better about how I'm moving forward with my health and fitness journey. I tend to let other people's opinions bring me down sometimes. I allowed someone else's opinion, not even about me, upset me today. But, then the more I thought about it, the more I thought, I can't let this bring me down. This isn't even my problem, so why worry about it. So, I shrugged it off and went on about my day. I have too much going on at work, my health and fitness is moving in a positive direction, and I need to be happy for myself and not worry about what others think. And even though I had a rough start to my day by spilling very hot coffee on my hand and burning it, a VERY tough workout, and a crazy day at work, I still ended my day with a positive attitude because I let all these negative thoughts and feelings go. I can't let someone else's behavior control my mood. It really felt good to not worry about the things I can't control. Now, those that know me well, know this can become a challenge for me and there's no doubt I'll let my emotions get the best of me. But until that day, if I can just focus on what I can control, and not worry about the petty things I can't, then I will probably be able to end more of my days feeling positive than discouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment