Translate

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Why A Personal Trainer? Why Fitness Together?

Because I've been so successful in losing weight and becoming healthier, I constantly get people asking me questions, which by the way I love! The questions vary from what I'm doing, to how I'm doing it. But one of the most common questions I get is, "What made you go with a personal trainer, and why did you choose Fitness Together?".

Like most people, over the years I tried losing weight on my own, but had very little success. Any type of weight loss I accomplished, quickly came back after I went off the "diet". So, January 1st of 2011 I decided I was going to lose weight and joined Weight Watchers again. But this time it was different, this time I was hit with a big bucket of reality when I realized I weighed 350 pounds! I never imagined I weighed that much, because like most people who are overweight, I avoided the scales. I knew I had to take this seriously and focus on my health. After a couple months, I had lost 15 pounds, but kept going up and down with the same couple pounds. I was becoming frustrated, but didn't know what or how to move forward. All I knew is it was obvious I needed professional help if I was going to, not only change my life, but save my life. 

I knew the thing I needed the most was getting activity in my life, but I had no idea where to begin. So, that's when I decided a personal trainer was the way to go. I researched multiple places, and then I narrowed it down to five places, Fitness Together and four other local businesses. I filled out the contact form on their websites, and I received replies from three places. So, what made me choose Fitness Together over the other two places who contacted me? Simple, Michael Watkins made it about me! The other two places didn't even bother to call me, they simply e-mailed me their information and stated this is what they can do for me and if I had any questions to contact them. But, Michael on the other hand, had the total opposite approach. He e-mailed me back, thanking me for contacting him, and then asked when a good time to call would be. And then when he called, he didn't start throwing out all this information of what he could do for me; but, instead he asked me, "What is it I can do for you?". As we talked on the phone, and he asked me questions about me, I realized he actually cared about what I needed and wanted. So, I decided I would meet him for a consultation. I'll never forget the first time I walked into Fitness Together, I was nervous, scared, and excited all at the same time. But, as he did on the phone, Michael quickly made me feel comfortable in what I'm sure he could tell was a very uncomfortable situation for me. What I loved the most about our first meeting, was that he kept it real from the beginning. He never pretended it would be easy, or that I would never struggle. I could tell he was truly concerned about my needs and wanted me to be successful, and that I was more than just another client. I never felt any pressure to make any type of commitment to him or Fitness Together, because the commitment I needed to make was to myself. And that's why I sought out a personal trainer, and that's why I chose Fitness Together!

No comments:

Post a Comment