Translate

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Grateful For Friends & Family

I've not been feeling well for the past week, and the past couple days have become worse. The cough was starting to keep me up at night, and I avoided the doctor as long as I could. I did go in for my morning session with Michael yesterday, and he about killed me because all I wanted to do between sets was lay down. I think he mainly was hard on me because I was wearing my OSU shirt! But, I ended up going to the doctor yesterday and found out I have an upper respiratory infection, and took the rest of the day off from work and didn't go back to the fitness center. I woke up this morning and decided to take another complete day off from work and working out, and let me tell you that is hard for me. I tend to start worrying and stressing about not being in there, which really doesn't help me "rest and recover" like I should be doing.

But, because I have such amazing people at Fitness Together, I quickly became grateful for Michael and my FT Family. I've talked before about how the trainers and clients at Fitness Together, are not only friends but have become like family to me, and that when you sign up with FT you are really gaining another family. And today was a perfect example of the support and encouragement I, and another sick client, received from our FT family. Besides my private sessions I have with Michael, the past few months I've been working out with a small group during lunch three days a week, and this group of people have become very special to me. Michael, another trainer Jamie, and my "Lunch Bunch" peeps, really got me through a difficult day and kept my spirits up with all the encouraging and kind messages they sent me. It's people like this that make me grateful for being a part of the FT Family and I can't wait to get back in there!

This is also a great example of why you should surround yourself with people who will lift your spirits higher. You can choose who you surround yourself with, so choose those people who will bring out the best in you instead of those who are bringing you down. I'm grateful for the people I have chosen to be around, and happy to call those friends my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment