Translate

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Are You Stuck In Your Comfort Zone?

One of things that's great about having a personal trainer is they are constantly pushing you outside of your comfort zone. For me personally, getting outside of my comfort zone can be difficult, especially if it involves unexpected change.
This week I knew Michael would be out of town and Keith would be training me during my private sessions, so I thought (and the keywords are "I THOUGHT") I was mentally and physically prepared for what he had planned, but I was completely unprepared! Michael and the other trainers push me just as hard, but each trainer is hard in their own way. Monday was my first session with Keith this week, and I walked in their confident it wouldn't be that bad. But, I think he had a point to prove, and he definitely did that! I thought I was going to throw up, and was near tears several times. Then Wednesday, even though I was better prepared, he really pushed me hard with the squats and once again I didn't think I was going to make it through the workout without throwing up. I'm really sore from the two workouts with Keith this week, and still have one more which will be tomorrow.


As I'm reflecting on the past week not having Michael, who is a big part of my comfort zone, I started to think about what all I've accomplished the past three years each time I allowed myself to get out of that comfort zone. As I've mentioned before, I have a goal to lose 5 pounds in two weeks. This Saturday I'll weigh-in and see what I've been able to do within the first week after setting this goal. Don't get me wrong, Michael is constantly pushing me hard and forcing me outside of that comfort zone; but, I think Keith is shoving me outside my comfort zone because he knows what it will take to help me meet my goal. This is one of many examples of why I love the trainers at Fitness Together, they will always give their all to make sure you are successful in your health and fitness journey! If you feel you need that extra push (or shove) to get out of your comfort zone, then I encourage you to contact Michael Watkins or Keith Jacobs at Fitness Together Jenks/Riverside or Fitness Together Downtown and they will be more than happy to help you out with that! Tell them Shui sent you! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment