Translate

Sunday, March 16, 2014

You Must Be Willing To Change!

So I was inspired to write this post after standing in line behind a couple ladies at the grocery store. I couldn't help but overhear their conversation because they were really frustrated. By the conversation I could tell both ladies were very unhappy about their weight, health, and how they looked. They both complained of the weight they have gained over the past several years, and one even mentioned about all the meds they were having to take. They discussed the various "diets" and diet pills they have tried. As they continued their discussion, they started to put their groceries up on the counter, I couldn't help but notice what they were purchasing. For starters they didn't have any type of fruits or vegetables. They had cookies, pop, several bags of chips like Doritos, various processed lunch meats, frozen pizzas, and a lot of other items that are not healthy options. And in all this discussion these ladies had, I never once heard any mention of exercising.

So, as I'm listening to this discussion and seeing everything they are buying for their meals, I couldn't help but think of how many times I've heard conversations like this before from other people I actually know. The thing is, I've been there! I used to be this person who continued with the same habits, yet expected different results. But thankfully I realized how crazy that sounds and did something about it by taking responsibility for my own health. Are you tired of not getting the results you want? My personal advice is figure out what you need to make those changes and then just do it, because you won't get different results if you continue your same unhealthy habits!

If you're here locally in Tulsa area, I encourage you to contact Michael Watkins - owner or Keith Jacobs - manager at Fitness Together Downtown Tulsa or Fitness Together Jenks/Riverside and tell them you heard about them from me, Sherrie Bullock. If you're outside the Tulsa area I encourage you to contact a local Fitness Together to get the same motivation, encouragement, and tools as I do to be successful with your own personal health and fitness goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment