Translate

Monday, April 14, 2014

The Truth Is....I Like To Keep It Real



As I've mentioned before, sometimes keeping it real is what is best. I've had my days where I've been discouraged and even have a negative attitude, and one of the things that I greatly appreciate is that my trainers keep it real. I may not like everything they have to say, but because they don't sugarcoat the reality, I've been able to be successful with my weight loss. And also, the one thing I've NEVER done is not show up for my session or just give up on something. Don't get me wrong, I have my moments, but Michael and my FT family get me through them by encouraging me and then I get back in there.

I mean, lets just think about this logically. You bust your ass in your workouts and you don't get the results you expected when you weigh in at the end of the week, what do you do? Well, obviously you're upset, so it's natural to want to just give up or not give as much the next week so you attend less sessions or don't push yourself as hard. Uh, yeah, that will help the situation! Let's do less work and less intensity and see how that works out for us (Sorry, I know, a bit sarcastic but as I said keeping it real). I know it's frustrating, I've been there. Even last weigh in, I was up .8 and I busted my butt, followed my nutrition, and yes I was upset! But, I told Michael I wasn't happy with it and shook it off and showed up Monday ready to kick ass again this week.

Three years ago I made a commitment to myself to do whatever I have to do to become healthier. At the time I didn't know exactly what all that would entail, or what all I would be able to do; but, I just knew whatever it was I had to do it for myself and it would have to be something I committed to for the rest of my life. Recently I've overheard or have seen posts on Facebook where I don't think some people realize this isn't a temporary journey, but a lifetime journey. And yes, it's a very emotional journey, but as one of my favorite quotes goes, "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it." - Mae West

Now, in keeping it real, this isn't to make anyone feel bad or discourage them anymore than they might already feel. It's in hopes they realize it's okay to be frustrated and upset, but just they shouldn't be okay with giving up or selling themselves short. We all deserve to be healthy and happy, and regardless if you have a personal trainer giving you all the tools and knowledge you need to be successful or if you are researching and doing things on your own, only YOU can make the choice to do it! Now, figure out what you want and need, get up off your ass, and go after your goals! YOU DESERVE IT!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment