Translate

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Planning/Prepping & Happy Father's Day

First, Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there! I know I have been very blessed with a wonderful daddy. He worked hard to support our family to make sure we not only had everything we needed, but everything we wanted! I'm very grateful for everything he has done for me! :)
 
Now, I've talked before about the importance of meal planning and prepping, and being on this 24-day Advocare challenge I have the next three weeks of meals planned out. Today I will prep all my meals for the week so I'm able to better stay on track. But, part of the planning is preparing for things like today. Being Father's Day our family will be meeting up for dinner and one of the things I do that has been very beneficial, is I go out to the restaurant's website and look at their menu and nutritional value. This way I go in already knowing what I want to order and so I have less of an opportunity to give in and order something that I really don't need to eat. Now, typically, I give myself a reward meal on either Saturday or Sunday, and normally I would have this as my reward meal; but because the meal plan on the challenge didn't call for a reward meal I've already decided I will stick with the grilled chicken breast for my lean protein, side of green beans, and a dinner salad with a light balsamic dressing.
 
From my personal experience, when I was just planning my meals for the week and prepping them each day as I went, I did well with following what I planned but would have two or three meals where I might not feel like cooking that night and change it to something different. Now, I didn't just go out and get a Big Mac at McDonald's, I still ate fairly healthy, just not what I planned and probably not as healthy as it could have been. But, once I started prepping my meals for the week on Sundays, I found I stayed with my plan the entire week and have had better results since doing so. I encourage you, if you haven't already, to start planning AND prepping your meals for the week. Really focus on it for a month and I guarantee you, not only will you see better results, but by then it'll be a habit and it'll be easier for you to continue this routine. So, how well are you planning and prepping?

No comments:

Post a Comment