Translate

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

I Have Not Failed

Over the past three years I've had moments where I've not been on track as I should have been with my nutrition and cardio, and it typically showed on the scale. As I mentioned in a prior post, those last nine months prior to Michael taking over my training, I had basically plateaued going up and down with the same five pounds. One of the things that I no longer had was someone keeping me accountable. I didn't have to turn in a food journal, I didn't write my workouts down, and I didn't do weekly weigh-ins because no one asked for it so what was the point. At the time I didn't think this was a problem, even though I didn't plan, prep, or journal my food I still did my best to make healthy decisions so I couldn't figure out why I wasn't losing. Of course looking back on it now, I realize, even though I was coming to my sessions with the trainer I wasn't doing what I should be doing outside of that to make sure I was successful. It's amazing at how these few little things keep you accountable and can make a difference in the results you get. There have been times when I've thought to myself, "Man, I've really failed this time." These past few weeks I've been struggling on the scale, but trying to not let it get me down because I know I'm getting results else where. People are making comments I'm getting smaller and I'm hitting new PRs which means I'm getting stronger. This past Saturday when I weighed in I had lost only .2 pounds. Thinking back, I'm still frustrated with my last weigh in, but because I do my food planning and prepping, get to all my sessions and bust ass, and weigh in weekly to keep that accountability, that I've done what I'm supposed to do and worrying about it won't help the situation. I'm participating in a couple challenges that are getting ready to end this week, one is a team challenge and the other is a the Advocare 24 day challenge. The past couple days I've probably been overthinking a lot of things and was getting to the point where I felt I have not only failed myself, but my team for the team challenge. But, after seeing this quote, it put everything back into perspective. I realize I have to just keep doing what I'm doing, and that's show up for my workouts, continue to plan and prep healthy meals, weigh in weekly to keep that accountability, and make any modifications Michael suggests. As long as I keep doing these things, and I never stop trying, then I HAVE NOT FAILED!

No comments:

Post a Comment