Translate

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Weigh-in Update - Overcome Your Obstacles


If you've read some of the most recent weigh-in updates you'll know the past couple months I've been struggling a bit, and Michael has been helping me out a lot making sure I stay focused and not get discouraged. We would modify my low/high carb days, or even do an all high carb week to re-boost, but it just seemed nothing was working this time. So, the week prior, he made some changes and I did exactly what he said and for some reason I still gained a little over a pound last week. I had a mini breakdown from being so frustrated because I really just didn't know what I needed to do to move forward. I was doing exactly everything he said to do on my meals, and was showing up and busting my butt in my sessions. So, this past week, Michael sent me a new plan to follow that was very specific making sure I was taking in the right amount of protein, carbs, and fat. I wasn't sure what to expect, but knew no matter what I had to continue to trust him and the process. And I'm excited to say, all the hard work and determination paid off this week! I lost 7.2 pounds this week!

There were many times that had this been the old me, I would have quit several weeks ago. But, even though I was extremely upset, I wiped away the tears and instead of giving up on myself, I used the frustration to be even more determined to be successful. I followed the meal plan exactly as Michael wrote it, pushed myself even harder in my sessions, and conquered what seemed like an obstacle I would never get through. So, if and when you reach a point in your own health and fitness journey where you think you're doing everything you can and it's just not working, whatever you do don't quit! Don't stop doing what you have to do to meet your goals, it might take a few weeks or even a couple months, but in the end all the hard work and determination will pay off and you will start seeing results again!

No comments:

Post a Comment