Translate

Friday, August 29, 2014

Weigh-in Update - Staying Positive

I haven't been on here for a couple weeks, and I apologize. I intended to post my weigh-in update from last Sunday, but time got away from me. Mainly because it was a HORRIBLE weigh-in, and I wanted to make sure I posted it so I could stress the importance of how lack of sleep and stress can effect your weight loss goals. So, I'll briefly explain, and then will talk about the importance of staying positive.

The two weeks prior to my last weigh-in, I had allowed the stress from work and in my personal life, just control me and it didn't turn out well at all for me. Last week was the worst, with getting only about 7 hours of sleep all week. I was stressing about work and personal issues, and I was in a bad mood even going into my workouts. And it's one thing to be in a bad mood during my private sessions, Michael will get over it, but when it involves a group session I really try to go in and be positive and motivating but it was very difficult for me to do that the past couple weeks. So, that last week as I mentioned was the worst, and even though I didn't veer from the meal plan I still gained almost 9 pounds when I weighed in this past Sunday. And all because I stressed and didn't sleep well. It was very frustrating, but as Michael said, it is what it is!

So, as Michael had mentioned to me last week, life happens and I've got to learn to let go of the things I can't control. And that's the thing, the majority of the things I was stressing about, were things that were out of my control. So, this week I decided to focus on what I could control and let go of what I can't control. One of the things that I had done the past couple weeks, I really just put my walls up and didn't open up to anyone. Well, this week, I have been feeling more positive and more hopeful, and I do believe that's because I allowed the positive people who truly support me in everything I do surround me. I had the opportunity to meet with various friends this week, including meeting the new pastor from the church where I used to attend, and all these people want nothing but positive things for me. When I met with Michael, I was telling him how this week has been so much better, and he asked me what is different about this week from the past couple weeks when I wasn't being positive and in a bad mood. And really, nothing is different as far as my situations. All the same struggles were there this week, but it was how I handled them. I focused on only the things I could control, just accepted the things I couldn't control, and I have been happier and even more encouraging and motivating for some of my FT family (which always makes me happy)! :)

I'll weigh-in again this Sunday, and I'm hoping because I have been sleeping better and not stressing about things that I will have a good loss. I'll make sure to post the update sooner this time! But, long story short, I can't tell you how important it is to surround yourself with positive people who will support you in all your efforts. Focus on what you can control; and anything that you can't control, just do the best you can and stay positive!

***THE SEPTEMBER MONTHLY CHALLENGE, WHICH WILL BE ABS/CORE, WILL BE POSTED THIS WEEKEND AS WELL, SO KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THAT!***

No comments:

Post a Comment