Translate

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Outside Your Comfort Zone

Sometimes it's hard to push ourselves outside our comfort zone, so it's important to have those people in your life who support and encourage you enough to help push you out of that zone so you can continue to grow and become better. I'm fortunate to have an amazing support system, between my trainers, other clients, friends, and family; I have many people who will encourage me to do things I'm afraid to do or think I can't do.

Today, I was pushed out of my comfort zone by my trainer. I really don't like jump roping, so this morning when he suggested I do 3 sets of 2 minutes of jump roping with 1 minute rest, I was less than thrilled. But I trust him enough to know he knows what I need to do in order to meet my goals. So, I left there and meditated on it and came to some conclusions. First, the reason I don't like them is because I'm not the best at it. And second, it's not that I can't do it, but that I don't want to because it's something that's outside of my comfort zone. So, I realized what I needed to do was to get out of my head and tell myself I can do it.

So, today after work, I went back to the studio for cardio and before I started anything I did the suggested 3 rounds of jump ropes. And guess what, not only did I finish it, but I continued and jumped into the 5:30 evening workout. Yes, it was hard. Yes, it was uncomfortable. Yes, I couldn't wait for my 3 rounds to be completed. But, I finished it and I know it's something that I can do every day to improve myself and increase my work time. I came across this quote today and thought it was great for this post!

 
"Your comfort zone is nothing but a belief.
A mere reflection of your thoughts.
You desire something better,
yet you fear change.
Self doubt will bind you there.
Belief is all you need."

No comments:

Post a Comment