Translate

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Stay Focused

Me working out at Fitness Together Jenks/Riverside
Everyday I do my best to give 100% when I walk into the gym. I have my days that I need a little more motivation than normal, but here these last few weeks I've been really focused on my goals and I've been having great days and dominating my workouts. A couple years ago I was getting in there two or three times a day, and then cut back to once or twice a day. But, in looking back I wasn't focused in 2015 and wasn't giving 100%. I was showing up once or twice a day, but I wasn't in it 100% mentally, which means I was there but I still wasn't giving 100% physically so I wasn't getting the results I wanted. I've started the year off strong. I've set some big goals, I've accepted some challenges, and I've stepped up my game physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually! Yesterday was a busy day for me at the gym. I was there four times, once for cardio, group lunch workout, Empire workout, and then my private session. My private session was the last one I did at 6:45 pm and I walked in there ready to hit it as hard as I did my first workout. And Michael is out of town this week, so I trained with our new trainer Roberto and he pushed me when I thought I couldn't do another rep. He kept reminding me to stay focused and think about where I'll be in a month, two months, and even my 90 day goals; and I was able to start and finish my workout strong. So, when you have those moments when you don't think you can do another rep, stop for a second, breathe, and then remember......

"Focus! Feel every rep! Make every set count! You're here to work!" - unkown

No comments:

Post a Comment