Translate

Monday, January 2, 2017

Daily Insight - Meditating/Journaling

Well, real quick I want to explain what my goal is for my being, which is part of my core4. I'm trying to get back on track and one of the things this past month I've gotten out of doing is meditating and journaling. I notice a huge difference in my mental and emotional being when this happens, and it tends to cause chaos in other areas of my core4 (body, balance, and business). Of course one of the main reasons for meditating and journaling is to work through the rough spots which is necessary, but I want to also make sure at the end of the day I'm reflecting on the things that went right and were good in my day. Because we all know life tries to get the best of us sometimes, and no matter how crappy our day might seem, we can always find the good. And one of the things I really want to do is get back to my blog daily, which is basically online journaling. So, I'll have my journal like I normally do so throughout the day if something triggers me that I need to work through I can start writing all those thoughts and emotions down; but at the end of the day I want to reflect on the positive. And then I want to be able to share that here to not only help me stay on track and motivated, but in hopes that if there is someone who can relate (especially if they are struggling), that it inspires and motivates them to keep going.

So, today overall was a really great day! The only thing that I had that I wasn't looking forward to today was my new year assessment. It was one of those things, because I know this past month my nutrition and cardio have sucked, that part of me wanted to do it but then part of me wanted to remain clueless. But, when I went in this morning, Michael did the assessment and after we weighed and did measurements, he reminded me that I needed to get out of my own head and consider this a fresh start. I can't change the past month, but I can choose how I move forward and I can either be pissed about the weight I've gained this past month or I can choose to be happy, get back on track, and do what I know I'm supposed to do. So, that was my mediation and journaling today and I realized I'm too hard on myself. I know I didn't do what I was supposed to do this past month, but I do know what I need to do to get back on track. So, I'm giving myself permission to let go of what I can't change, allow myself to be happy with what I have accomplished overall, set my new goals and focus on those, and more importantly remember that I'm doing this for me. That everything I'm doing is making me a better person physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

Also, to explain the inserted picture, I've decided to start taking a picture the first of each month as a way to track my progress from a visual aspect. Many times when I'm working towards a goal I notice a big difference in pictures, which is why I like it when my trainers take pictures. The first of each month I'll take a new picture, and then compare it to the ones before. I'm also making these my profile pictures on social media because I think it'll be a great reminder of my progress when I start to hit those bumps in the road.

Now to end with three things that were good about today.

  1. I got to see Beckett and Marley, and as usual the little things mean so much to both them and me. Like running a lap around the building with Beckett and then listening to Marley tell me all about the play-doh Barbie video she was watching.
  2. Even though I was off work, I had several hours of peace and quiet to myself. This allowed me to create space for myself easily and I binged watch Netflix and just enjoyed relaxing.
  3. I got the rest of my meal prepping done for the week, have my Herbalife supply for my shakes, so now I'm back on track with my nutrition.

No comments:

Post a Comment